Wednesday, December 22, 2010

13Q with SJ13

In a recent opporunity I was given the chance to interview Buffalo Bills wide reciever, Stevie Johnson, in a segment we called "13Q with SJ13."

CaptOTM: "What is the best part of living in Buffalo?"
SJ13: "Best part of living in Buffalo is knowing that you have a great job in Buffalo. Seriously, I'd have to say the people. They are one of a kind New Yorkers. I don't know if I'm going to get mugged or invited to the house for cookies and cocoa."

CaptOTM: "Do you have a pregame routine?"
SJ13: "No pregame routine. I don't really like routines and having to do things the same way. I'd rather be loose and go with the flow. When I feel like I'm in a routine, I don't really feel right. I have to be loose and have a clear mind to have fun.

CaptOTM: "What is your most memorable reception as a Bill?"
SJ13: "My most memorable catch as a Bills has to be my first touchdown versus the (New York) Jets. It felt so good to finally score a touchdown in the NFL."

CaptOTM: "What motivates you to get better?"
SJ13: "Watching other players arounf the league motivates me to go out and try to make the most of this opportunity I have. My family is my motivation, because I know I am taking care of them."

CaptOTM: "How do you want your career to be remembered?"
SJ13: "Well, when I first got to Buffalo I said I wanted to bring entertainment, excitement, and a different kind of energy to Buffalo. So that's how I want to be remembered, as the type of player that had fun and showed it on the field while taking care of business."

CaptOTM: "Can the fans expect to hear Stevie Styles on any upcoming Ya Boy tracks?
SJ13: "Yes, I will be doing some work with Ya Boy; it's going to be crazy!!! BlackCardBoyz with The CF WingTeam."

CaptOTM: "Most influential person in your life?"
SJ13: "My dad by far. He's been through a lot and has taught me a lot. He also had the opportunity to make it to a big college and the pros, but things went a different route, but he showed me how to be a SF Warrior."

CaptOTM: "Do you have any extra interest in possibly signing with a West Coast team, in order to be close to home?"
SJ13: "I can always be home. I've been home for 16, 17 straight years. I'm good where I am."

CaptOTM: " What is the most unusual thing a fan has asked you to autograph?"
SJ13: "To keep it PG, some kids have asked me to sign their cheeks. I guarantee you they don't have that autograph anymore. What a waste of good ink."

CaptOTM: "Can you share your thoughts on the NFL Lockout situation?"
SJ13: "I think it'll be a lockout during the offseason and maybe training camp, preseason; but I don't think it'll extend through the season. If it does, I know I listened to the vets and saved my mulah."

CaptOTM: "Why do you wear #13?"
SJ13: "I wore the 13 to be different in college. They gave me the option of a bunch of different 80's numbers and I specifically asked for 13 to be different. They say 13 is unlucky, I don't think so."

CaptOTM: "How different is the NFL from college?"
SJ13: Well instead of playing with teenagers, I am playing with adults, grown men with families. As far as football goes it's a different speed, but for the most part the samething I learned from Keenan Burton in college is the samething I apply here in the NFL and that's if you know or have an idea of what everybody is doing on the field things begin to slow down a little more."

CaptOTM: " What advice would you give a young WR? Or any young athlete?"
SJ13: "Stay focused on the goal you've set and don't let anyone tell you, you can't make it in life. At whatever you do in life, work on BECOMING A FACTOR TO THAT PROFESSION. Always be a student and stay humble, stay ready, stay hunger, and stay fly."

Thank you Stevie for the interview and we look forward to seeing you on the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment